Friday, March 26, 2010

Too Cute!

Honestly, in the spirit of Easter, I am going to have to get to baking! These cookies are so precious; and so easy (which is key for me). Plus, they incorporate icing (which I cannot get enough), along with jelly beans (LOVE), and coconut (also LOVE): Three things that I simply cannot get enough of.
I think that, to balance out the healthy veggies I plan to cook this weekend, I am going to have to bake these cookies. They are way too cute to pass up! As far as the actual baking aspect goes, some might say these cookies are "cheating"; I just call it a happy little shortcut :)

The picture came from Epicute, which is one of the cutest blogs around (to my limited knowledge), and the recipe came from here.


INGREDIENTS

1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!® sugar cookies
1 container (12 oz) fluffy white frosting
1 cup flaked coconut
Food color
Jelly beans

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350° F. Bake cookies as directed on package. Cool completely.

2.Frost cookies. Add coconut to a 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add 2 to 3 drops favorite food color, shaking bag to blend color. It may be necessary to add 1 to 2 teaspoons water to help disperse the color evenly or additional food color until desired color is reached. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon coconut on each cookie.

3.Top with jelly beans or candy coated chocolate peanut candy.

While we are at it, here are some more adorable Easter inspirations from Epicute!






No comments: