Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday,
And as a way to celebrate
I am going to try to write in rhyme,
So it might be a short post this time.

I wanted to bake Dr. Seuss a cake,
But the week was so busy there was no time to bake.
I thought I might make him green eggs and ham,
But all i had in the kitchen was butter and jam.

I thought I might buy him a fox in sox,
But there was no money in my pockets, only marbles and rocks.
So I considered buying him a fish or two,
But I could not decide if he would prefer a red fish or blue.

So for this day, I am unprepared
But since Dr. Seuss has passed, he is likely unaware
That I forgot about his birthday until it was to late
To cook him a ham, or bake him a cake.

And I was right about this post being short.
Tomorrow's will be longer, with less rhyming, of course.
But until then, please have a happy Thursday.
And to whom it may concern,
Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!




I did not bake a cake to celebrate this occasion; however, Jenn at Cakes by Jen did! And she did a much better job than I ever could have done!



Here is Dr. Seuss' biography

Here is a list of his books

No comments: