Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Am...

Beyond Measure. I am
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within is..." - Ephesians 3:20

Loved Unconditionally. For this, I am
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38

E
ternally Grateful. I have been
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - Colossians 3:16,17

Saved by Grace. I will
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved." - Ephesians 2:4,5

Sing Songs of Praise. Because
"Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." - Psalm 63:7,8

Even in my Sinful Nature, my God
"When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross." - Colossians 2:13,14

Delivered Me.

"For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave." - Psalm 86:13



Writing poetry is not necessarily my cup of tea, but I figured I would give it a go, if for the sake of time, if nothing else.

In the field of social work, in dealing with people, we talk often of feelings: How are you feeling? What are you feeling? How did this or that particular event make you feel?, etc...

I truly feel blessed. There is no word that describes it better. I know that I am forgiven; I know that I am loved. Even if all the other blessings and happy things in my life were stripped away, I would know that I am blessed because of the forgiveness, redemption, and life changing love that has been bestowed upon me through Jesus Christ, my Savior.

I wake up every day knowing that I serve a God who will never leave me nor forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:8). And He has blessed me with more than I could ever have hoped for. He has surrounded me with people who need to be loved; all of those people are blessings. He has given me people who love me; all of those people are blessings. He has given me passions, desires, and goals; all of those things are blessings. He has changed my life and my heart in radical ways... And He is still changing me.

He is patient; slow to anger and abounding in love (Psalm 103:8).

There are days when I do not necessarily feel blessed, but even on those days, I know that I am blessed. On the days that I feel defeated, on the days I feel overwhelmed, and on the days when I am bored out of my mind (like today), I know one thing: I am blessed.

1 comment:

ole blomberg said...

I'm sorry you are bored, but thanks for blessing me!