Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is the birthday of one of the greatest men I have ever known: My dad.



I can think of no other person for whom I have greater respect than my father. I cannot think of a more godly man. He is the hardest worker I have ever beheld, and he has a gentler spirit than anyone else I know. He has lived his life in humility and in service to others; never putting himself first.

My dad has always been in my corner. My dad has stood for me when I have not had it in me to stand alone. He has defended me in the face of opposition. He has prayed and fasted for me when my prayers seemed to have fallen short. He has believed in me and in my dreams when no one else did. He has believed in my dreams even when I myself did not believe in them. He has supported every endeavor I have ever undertaken. He has encouraged me toward every goal I have ever expressed. He has confronted me for mistakes I have made, but has never shamed me for them.

In my life, my dad has been a wonderful demonstration of the grace of Christ. He has forgiven me when I have not deserved it. He has loved me when I have been unlovable. He has disciplined me when I have been in the wrong.

There is no one I know who has lived a more successful life than my father. Without him, I cannot imagine what my life up to this point would have been like.

No matter how old and frail he grows, he will still be able to beat the crap out of anyone who does not treat me well. No matter how much his memory may begin to fail one day, he will still be the smartest man I know. And no matter how wrinkly he becomes, he will still be one of the most handsome guys I know.

My dad has shown me the heart of Christ. My dad has shown me how to make mistakes. My dad has taught me to be teachable and to learn from those mistakes; to heed instruction from those who are wiser than I am. My dad has taught me that there is redemption from our mistakes, because we serve a God of second chances. My dad has taught me how to struggle well; and thus, how to live victoriously.

I could not be more proud of or more thankful for my dad. I could not love him more.


Happy Birthday, Daddy!




1 comment:

Ole Blomberg said...

I am staggeringly moved by your comments! I am underserving of such love. You are such a blessing from God! I love you Logan!