Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy March and Happy Monday!













I found these photos, by Contented Sparrow, here.

Sometimes it is frustrating to look at interior design or home decor photos and blogs. Everything is so pretty but so much of what I see seems so unrealistic... and unlivable. I think that is why I fell in love with her photos. If you view her entire photostream on flickr, it is obvious that, not only does she live in this home, amongst all of these beautiful things, but she also raises children here. Not only does she raise children here... she homeschools them here! Talk about getting major use out of your home!

I also think it is incredible that her home is decorated almost entirely by handmade or thrifted items, or from flea market finds. It gives me hope that I can really create a functional, practical, liveable, family-friendly (for the future), welcoming, fun home on a budget, and with my own two hands!

Thank you, Contented Sparrow, for your inspiration for this Monday!

No comments: