Sunday, March 28, 2010

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.- Hal Borland

There are an abundance of reasons I cannot wait until Springtime:

1) I can say goodbye to my winter coats until next year (FINALLY)!
2) With Spring comes... EASTER! :)
3) I can wear flip-flops, thus showing off the ridiculously expensive new nail polish I have recently acquired (that I would never buy if it were not for a sister who is in cosmetology school).
4) I am graduating from college (and this event is accompanied by a host of emotions other than just excitement... Maybe I will get into those details some other time)!
5) I am going to WASHINGTON, DC!

This list could go on, but I will stop here and highlight Reason #5, which will be occurring in 43 days. The following list was compiled based upon the best interest of all members of the traveling party. We all realize that there is much more to see in our nation's great capital; however, we will be pinched for time, and three of the four of us have been to D.C. in the past. In light of this, we were able to opt out of doing and seeing a few of the things that we have done and seen previously. Here are the must sees of the trip:

  • Lincoln Memorial
  • World War II Memorial
  • Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
  • Arlington National Cemetery
  • Korean War Veterans Memorial
  • Jefferson Memorial
  • Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial
(and all other memorials in the surrounding area)
  • Washington Monument
  • Holocaust Museum
  • National Archives Building
  • National Museum of American History
  • American Art Museum
  • Ford Theatre
  • Lincoln Theatre
(other Smithsonians are optional dependent upon time)
  • Williamsburg (which will require a full day)
  • Mount Vernon, home of George Washington
In honor of this upcoming adventure, here are some precious pictures:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome!! I have been a few times and I have loved it! you're right there is soo much to see :)