Sunday, February 21, 2010

Puppy Love

Today was a great day in Nashville. After an incredibly long and COLD winter, we had wonderful day of sunshine. Just from a quick trip to the grocery store,I could sense a difference in the atmosphere. People were happier, summer shoes were being worn again for the first time in months, girls were standing on corners selling girl scout cookies (I could hardly resist a box of Samoas), and people were glad to be out and about after being cooped up inside all winter. The whole town was abuzz. My first thought after realizing how gloriously perfect it was outside this morning was, "Wow. What a day to start having perfect vision." My second thought was, "Wow. What a wonderful God I serve to have created such a beautiful day and placed it in the middle of such a hard winter. He must have known we all needed a little grace right about now." My third thought was, "Wow. This would be the perfect day to take my dog for a walk at the park; or even just around the block." That, of course, was an impossibility since I do not currently own a dog.



I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner



You ask of my companions. Hills, sir, and the sundown, and a dog as large as myself that my father bought me. They are better than human beings, because they know but do not tell. ~Emily Dickinson



A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary? - Marley and Me


Here is an extra dose of cuteness to help us all get through our Monday! If these don't make your heart melt I don't know what will!

No comments: