Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stop a moment, cease your work, and look around you.- Thomas Carlyle



After almost a lifetime of having to wear glasses or contacts in order to see ANYTHING, I had LASIK eye surgery yesterday. It is kind of a crazy thing... Years of ordering new contacts, picking out new glasses, and changing lense prescriptions, and all it took was about two minutes to correct my vision completely.
I can see the TV from far away. I can see the numbers on the microwave from far away, and I can tell what time it is even when I am standing yards away from the clock! I have a whole new lease on life now!
The sentimental part of me misses my glasses. I always felt more dignified and professional when I wore them. The more rational part of me knows that not having to wear glasses or contacts in order to function each day is totally practical. I never have to order contacts again. I never have to buy glasses frames or lenses again! Granted, they can be cute, but they are also expensive! And I have to admit, it was an incredible feeling to wake up first thing this morning and be able to see... PERFECTLY!

No comments: