Thursday, May 5, 2011

As you may know, I am on a bit of a smoothie kick.  Yesterday I wanted my morning coffee, but I was torn because I also wanted a smoothie.  Toughie.  I decided to combine the two via a coffee smoothie recipe I found online.  I followed the recipe exactly, and the result was sub-par.  Actually, it was downright icky.  I forced a few gulps down, because I hated to toss the whole thing.  But I ended up tossing the whole thing.

Knowing that the smoothie had potential, I made a few modifications, per my taste preference, and tried again this morning.  Let's just say, I am glad I gave it a second chance! 

Easy Peasy Coffee Smoothie (makes one large size smoothie, or two reasonably sized smoothies)

Pour the following ingredients into a blender.  (Adjust amounts according to personal taste and size preference):

  • 1/2 cup of STRONGLY brewed coffee, cooled
  • 1/2 cup of milk (I used skim, but I don't think it matters what kind you use)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of sugar, sugar substitute, or honey (I used Splenda... just happened to be what was in the cupboard.)
  • 1-1 1/2 cups of ice
  • Dash of cinnamon 

(Next time, I may try using a bit of chocolate in lieu of cinnamon)

Smoothie
Photo from here

I need to start training myself to take blog-worthy photos.  But in the meantime, I will keep borrowing the blog-worthy pictures that others take! 

Think I will take a little breather from the smoothies over the weekend, and pick them back up again on Monday!  :)  Don't want to get smoothie-d out!  

No comments: