Saturday, May 14, 2011

You'll Never Guess

Well, we are off to prom.  No, you did not misread that.  Andrew and I are chaperoning the prom for the high school where he teaches.  The girl who hated every moment of her high school experience (me) married someone who loved every second of his (Andrew), and who still loves every second of his high school experience, although he is now a teacher rather than a student!

It is funny the way God works sometimes.  He seems to have a way of somehow, very sneakily, making us do things we always said we never do.  I think maybe He likes to see us out of our comfort zones.  And maybe that is the case even more so with me.  I do tend to be controlling, and maybe God placing me in situations where I am not comfortable is His way of getting me out of the boat; making me understand that I DO NOT have everything (or anything) in control in my own right.  I would be totally lost, alone, and confused without Him.

As Christians, we should do something every day that pushes our own personal envelopes.  Hence, Logan going to a high school prom (granted, I am not going willingly), even though I would rather veg on the couch all night with a good movie, or maybe snuggle with Lady (our dog) and a good magazine.  Or maybe get together with a few good friends and have a nice, quiet dinner.  The list of things I would rather be doing could go on and on and on.

That being said, I am determined to have a good time tonight!  At least Andrew and I will get to spend some time together!  :)

No comments: