Monday, May 2, 2011

Movie Monday

Today was a good Monday.  Generally, Mondays are really hectic days at work, but today was a perfect blend of hustle and bustle and downtime.  I started the day off right...With a Beth Moore devotional CD my mom gave me for Easter. And.... with a cup of coffee that tasted extra good for some reason.  :)

After getting some coffee into my system, I felt mentally and emotionally prepared for a day of ringing phones, full inboxes, and normal life.  I expected to walk into the office this morning and have a totally full voicemailbox after being gone all week.  Nope.  Not one message.  I breathed a sigh of relief to see that they dreaded red message light was not blinking.  I relished the moment. 

I fit some schoolwork in.  Then, I felt guilty for doing schoolwork while I was at real work. So I stopped.

Then I had a banana. 

During my lunchtime, I purchased $103 worth of groceries for $64.  Thank you, Kroger.  I combined several coupons with their 10 item mix n' match mega event, and it was worth the extra planning and effort!  Granted, I am nothing like some of the extreme couponers that have been on The Learning Channel lately, but I am learning! The whole process was rather exhausting (in kind of a fun way), and I am happy to say it should be at least a few weeks before I have to return to the grocery store... at least for any major shopping. 

With some of the savings from grocery coupons, I purchased some of Trader Joe's chilli spiced dried mango.  SO GOOD.  I also bought banana chips for Andrew.  He LOVES them. 

Mental note: Trader Joe's is the best place for dried fruit... not only do they have an extensive selection, but they are also cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.

To top off an already fabulous day, my sister and I went to see Something Borrowed.  It is not in theaters until Friday, but Avery's boyfriend had two free preview passes.  Unfortunately (unfortunate for him, not for me), he had to work, so Avery had to take her second choice of a date:  ME!  We had to stand in line FOREVER, but that was actually a good thing!  It gave us a little quality sister time.  I have missed that recently. 



Today was an exceptional Monday.  I feel alive, ready to face and conquer tomorrow. 

God is good...  In the storm, and in the sunshine.  He is powerful, and He is good.  Let us not forget that!

No comments: