Thursday, June 17, 2010

America's Drive-In

Since I am not yet an incredibly skilled coupon user, I have learned to maximize the deals that I have found.

I frequent two places where, every time I go, I spend almost nothing.

Place number one: Sonic. I am a faithful Sonic patron; I go almost every day. Now, normally, if someone told me they did this, I would think, "How silly! Doesn't she know how much money she could say by NOT doing that?!"

Well, if someone told me that, my rebuttal would be this: "I have gone to Sonic every day for a month, and left each time without paying even a dime. And I have gotten exactly what I came for!"

Then, I assume said someone, being quite taken aback, might ask, "Well, how do you manage such a thing?"

To which my reply would be, "The lovely people at Sonic make it insanely easy not to spend money there!"

You see, although I do love a good Sonic ice cream (their shakes are buy one get one free anytime), or maybe a burger, I generally do not go there for the food.

Two words:

Diet coke.

I know; it's bad. But it is a great, FREE pick-me-up, just when I am starting to hit my afternoon slump each day.

And now for the free part.

Each time you purchase a drink, you are handed a receipt. On that receipt, there is a phone number. There is also a notification that lets the receipt holder know that, if they call the number listed on the receipt, and complete the survey, they can receive a free Route 44 Sonic beverage.

The surveys take anywhere from one to three minutes. Sometimes the survey is really brief, and sometimes it is more in-depth. Either way, it is worth it.

At the end of the survey, you are given a validation code. You write this code down on your receipt, and turn that receipt in next time you visit a Sonic, in order to redeem your free drink. And guess what?! With that free drink comes a receipt... Need I say more?

The way it turns out, you are basically able to get your drink for free EVERY TIME you order one. You just have to have a touch tone phone, and a pen handy. The validation codes are pretty long.

But a penny saved is a penny earned!

Place number two: You will have to check back tomorrow.

Hope you can stand the suspense. :)

Goodnight!

No comments: