Friday, June 18, 2010

America Runs On...

Allow me to preface this post by stating that, when funds, and/or time, are available, I absolutely prefer to frequent little, independent coffee shops and cafes, or ones that are unique to the Nashville area, as opposed to patronizing chains, like Starbucks or Panera Bread (although I do love both of those places too).

I love [almost] nothing more than going to a local coffee shop, sitting down with a cup of coffee and a muffin, and pretending to read my book while secretly people-watching, and eavesdropping on conversations that I truly have no business making myself privy to.

Unfortunately, the busy-ness of life, a general lack of funds, and a small storehouse of common sense, prevent me from frequent indulgence in this beloved past-time.

Thus, Dunkin Donuts.

By going to the Dunkin Donuts website, and signing up for Dunkin Donuts perks, you can receive coupons in the mail for free drinks. And not just coffee; they offer a wide array of items for which you may use your free coupon. Signing up for the perks is free, and, other than an occasional annoying email, there is no downside to the perks program.

Dunkin Donuts also offers punch cards. My punch card is "But five beverages; get the sixth free." By using my free coupons that I receive in the mail, I am able to earn punches on my card, which, will eventually earn me ANOTHER free drink.

The perks also include things like: Buy a donut, get a medium coffee free. Or: buy a medium coffee and get a free donut. Or: Get a bagel and cream cheese for 99 cents, with the purchase of a medium coffee.

I LOVE the taste of Dunkin Donuts coffee. I love the donuts too... Who doesn't need an extra-sweet kick-start to their day every now and then?! The one thing I would not recommend? Their muffins. The taste is not quite worth the calories. I am a BIG advocate of muffins, but these are not my favorites. I would stick to coffee and donuts if you need a sweet fix.

If, at any time, you do not need your sweet tooth satisfied, Dunkin Donuts does offer new flat breads and wraps. I tried the egg white and cheese wrap recently, and it was surprisingly satisfying! Still didn't compare to a donut, but it only contains 150 calories, as opposed to a donut, which contains upwards of 300, at best!

So, I stopped at Dunkin twice this week on my way to work. Both visits were free. And I will be stopping at Dunkin Donuts on my way to work Monday... for free :)

No comments: