Friday, June 18, 2010

LOVEly Birthday!

Today is the love of my life's twenty-second birthday.


So, as seems to be tradition, I am including an acrostic that describes all (or, at least some) of the ways that Andrew expresses his love to me each and every day.

Accepts me.

Notices my strengths, as well as my struggles.

Dreams my dreams with me, no matter how silly or outlandish they may be.

Realizes my potential.

Encourages me toward that potential.

Walks alongside me when things are tricky, just as he does when they are simple.

The list could continue, if only Andrew's name were longer, because he shows his love to me in so many ways. I pray each day that God will reveal to me new ways that I can demonstrate to Andrew my love for him.

I was happy before I met Andrew; I am even happier now that I know him. I am extra- happy to be alive, because it means being alive with him!

My life was rich before Andrew was in it; it is even richer now. He enhances my life just by being a part of it.

I am so glad Andrew was born on this day twenty-two years ago (although any other day would have perfectly acceptable as well). And I will be thankful for each and every year from here on out that I am able to give him a Happy Birthday card... I hope I get to write him one each year for the next hundred years! I am so excited for the years that lie ahead of us; no matter how many or few they may be. I know that my love for him will grow with every birthday that passes.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a NEW thing!!!" - Isaiah 43:18,19

No comments: