Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Piece of Progress

I did not take a picture of the closet before I painted it.  In these pictures, it is painted a light blue/turquoise color... thanks to my hours of labor on Sunday afternoon!  But before 5:00 Sunday evening, it was an off-white/brownish color...

So picture that.

And then picture me painting for a few hours, in order to produce this result:



We had a desk picked out, and we even bought it, but we had to wait a few days to put it together because, I hate to admit this.... Hold on to your britches.... We had to PAY SOMEONE to put the desk together.  How lame are we?!  It was one of those that comes in a box with all the pieces, a big bundle of screws, and horrible instructions. 

Andrew is a wonderful husband, and often does things for me that he would NEVER choose to do on his own.  But even he drew the line at putting this desk together.  Thanks a lot, Wal Mart.  I knew I should have waited until the end of the month when I could hit up the flea market. 

Lesson learned.



The next steps are as follows:
  • More shelves for the back wall
  • Accessories for the shelves (bookends, matching binders, magazine holders, boxes, bins, etc.)
  • Decoupage pen and pencil holders
  • Desk calander
  • Curtain rod/shower rod
  • Curtain 
  • Lamp?
  • Chair 
So, a little bit of progress was made.... And lots of still to come!  (:  

No comments: