Thursday, January 19, 2012

Along the Same Lines

Since I am kind of on this "getting organized" kick, I thought I would share this ORGANIZED PANTRY with you, from Courtney at A Thoughtful Place

Here is what her kitchen looks like:

 And here is her pantry:

Let me interject here by saying that the size of this pantry is very comparable to the size of our pantry.  And Courtney has two small children, so Andrew and I have NO excuse for not being able to maintain an organized pantry, in spite of its size. 





Here is a list of things she added to help her get organized:

  • hanging wire shelving system from Target {$35}
  • wrapping paper to line the back of my pantry {$1} Target
  • plastic drawer from Target {$8}
  • chalkboard labels . . . DIY here.
  • two plastic bins from Target to use as makeshift pull out shelves
  • ribbon trim {already had}
  • three blue tins from Target $1 section {already had}
  • oxo containers {already had and LOVE} 

And here is a handy list she came up with to clear to pantry clutter:
  • take everything out of your pantry. Toss what you don’t use or need.
  • put things in clear containers so you can see your inventory
  • label so even the hubby knows where things go when unloading groceries
  • keep things in plain sight {like can goods} so you use them
  • place like items together
  • meal plan to cut down on the random buys that end up filling your pantry
The reason I like her pantry overhaul so much is because it is totally do-able.  She did not go out and spend an arm and a leg.  In fact, she said that the whole job cost about $45, which is pretty darn good.  

Here are some other inspirational, organized pantry ideas, to help get your organizational juices flowing!

From here

 

This one is a little over the top for my taste.
This one is one of my favorites!
I really like the calendar, grocery list, and meal planner hanging on the door... very cute and clever. (:


No comments: