Monday, January 9, 2012

Verse for the Week

"This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in His presence whenever our hearts condemn us.  FOR GOD IS GREATER THAN OUR HEARTS, AND HE KNOWS EVERYTHING.
-1 John 3:19,20 

The past few nights I have not slept well at all.  Most of my life I have struggled with worry and with having such a need to be in control.  During the time that I have been married God has really dealt with those issues in me.  He has shown us such awesome miracles, and brought so many unexpected things into our lives that I have been constantly reminded that I am not, nor am I meant to be, in control.  I am, of course, in control of my own thoughts, words, and actions, but even at that, each morning when I wake up I surrender those parts of my heart and life to Him as well. 

That being said, I have fallen into the worry trap over the past few days.  Anxious anticipation, worry, wonder, curiosity... all have worked against my sleeping well this week. 

So, here I am, yet again, surrendering every circumstance of our lives to the Creator of our lives, Jesus Christ. 

"This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in His presence whenever our hearts condemn us.  FOR GOD IS GREATER THAN OUR HEARTS, AND HE KNOWS EVERYTHING.
                   -1 John 3:19,20

No comments: