Monday, June 6, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Although our new home does not feel quite like home without Andrew here, my goal is to be 100% situated here by the time Andrew gets back in September, personal touches and all. 

In an effort to do that, I added a little something special to our front door.  I hated driving by the house and it looking totally deserted, like no one lived here.  So this was a quick fix: 





My sister decoupaged this "A" for Andrew and I to use in our wedding.  After we got married, we used this, along with a matching "L" as a headboard for our bed.  Now it's a wreath!  What a versatile home accessory!   (: 

These would be super easy to make:  Buy the stockings, and the simply add the proper monogram! 
I think this would be perfect in a little girl's room!  What a great idea!
This is so creative... and beautiful! 

All the above images are from pinterest.

My parents have been a HUGE help over the past week.  And one of the many things my dad did to help me feel "at home" here is plant a rose bush!  


No comments: