Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Encouragement

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken... Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in Him at all times, pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."  - Psalm 62: 1,2,5-8

I think it is interesting that David repeats himself verbatim in the psalm.  He says the same thing over, and then over again... almost as if he is convincing himself of it, reminding himself of it, and claiming it as truth.  Some days are just like that.  I have to continually remind myself that no matter how down or defeated I feel, my soul rests in God alone, who brings salvation, who is my rock. 

"When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way..."- Psalm 142:3

No comments: