Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Baking

One of my dad's hygienists had a birthday last week.  In other words, I had an excuse to bake a cake last week!  Well, I had a little help from Betty Crocker with the actual cake, but I did make the icing. :)

Megan and I seem to share the same philosophy in life: eat dessert first.  So it was a pleasure baking a cake for someone I knew would enjoy it just as much as I would have!  And it was even MORE of a pleasure eating the extra frosting. 


I used Joy the Baker's peanut butter frosting recipe, which you can find here.  I have tried several, and hers is my favorite so far. I made the recipe exactly as it was written, and it made A LOT of extra frosting.  I probably could have halved it and had the perfect amount for the two layer, nine inch round cake. 

For the chocolate frosting, I used this recipe from allrecipes.com.  I doubled it, and just had a little bit leftover.  There is chocolate frosting in between the two layers of cake, as well as around the top and bottom of the cake... obviously.  :)

Thanks to my Cricut machine, I also made this cake topper for Megan's cake.  

 This is the front of the cake topper.
And this is the back!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!

No comments: