Monday, February 28, 2011

The Post That will Probably Never be Posted: Inspiration Page #1

I found this post saved as a draft.  I put the original post together almost a year ago in an effort to consolidate all the wedding ideas I found that I liked.  I never published the post, but as I was going through some old posts, I came across this and thought I would share it with you!  
It is really funny to look at these pictures and compare what I liked to what I actually ended up incorporating into my own wedding day!  There are some major differences, and ideas that I let go, but there are a lot of things that I did end up using from this post!  Here, and here, are some pictures of my wedding. 

The purpose of this photo (from Style me Pretty) is to get a good look at Norm's suit.

I like the idea of something that is a cross between that one, and the one below, which I got from one of my all-time favorite blogs.


I am in love with her necklace, and with the idea of the chalkboard.

And, of course, the bright yellow cardigan.

And it goes without saying that I adore the banner. What a great idea.


I like the video camera concept, but I also think it would be really neat to have a scrapbook/memory book kind of thing and have each person/family/couple take a picture of themselves with one of those little cameras that spits out the sticker photo things (I had one when I was in about the forth grade... Not even sure if they still make those anymore!)Then, everyone could write some words of wisdom, encouragement, whatever, on the page next to their picture...



This bride had this card (about the size of a standard notecard) on top of each napkin during the reception. The picture is hard to read, but it says, "Two lives united in friendship, Two friends united in love, One love united in Christ."


Loving the idea of using this tree idea, from Hostess with the Mostess, as a money tree at the wedding.



And this sweet buffet table from her too!



Maybe something in between that and these next two images, also from Hostess with the Mostess




I am torn though. Although I love the whimsical, sweet feel of the candy bar, I am totally in love with the sweetness and simplicity of this wedding. The following pictures are from oncewed.com.... a great wedding blog!






Or here is another spin on the same kind of idea, from Ruffled... another one of my favorites.


For the reception, from 100 Layer Cake...



Nothing says "southern" like strawberry shortcake...

And moonpies, from here, as guest favors :)



There is a whole tutorial on them at Oncewed!

The next series of pictures were taken by a friend of mine, Will Knowles, at a friend of mine's wedding:







And lastly, I absolutely ADORE this Canadian wedding, posted on Ruffled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see which things you incorporated. I want to show my friend your wedding photos - is there a link?? - Jody