Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring Crafting

The weather we had here last week was unbelievably pretty and warm.  I knew that its staying that way for long was just too much to hope for, so instead of lugging all my spring clothes out of the attic, I made this wreath!  
Behold my tribute to gorgeous spring weather.  :)

BEFORE:
AFTER: 

 A little hot glue...
 Buttons...
 Fabric scraps...
 And voila!

This was a very quick and easy project.  Next time I make one, I will do a few things differently in an effort to make some minor improvements, but overall, I was pleased with the result.  I just used things I already had at home, but next time I will add MORE fabric, and probably some ribbon.  The beauty of this project: no sewing involved!

It's a good thing I held off on those spring clothes, because of course, it is now cool and rainy out. Guess the wreath will keep me company inside the house for a few more weeks before taking its place on the front door.

No comments: