Friday, January 14, 2011

The Power of Words

Here are some words of wisdom from one of my favorite pastime: Word searches!



I do not know how well you can read the second one; it is a little small. Michael Johns' words truly capture my ideal of what social work is... or what it needs to be. He says this:

"Economic development is not about getting foreign governments or agencies to build new bridges for third world nations; it is about helping unleash the individual in these societies so that he may build these bridges himself."

Before writing this blog post,  I had no clue who Michael Johns' was.  I did not want to appear to endorse someone with whom I was totally unfamiliar, so I did a little Googling.  Michael Johns is a health care executive, and a conservative policy analyst and writer.  He also happens to be one of several founders and leaders of the U.S. Tea Party Movement.  Pretty spiffy, huh?  Judging from the "About" section of his blog (which is worth taking a look at, even though it has not been updated since October), he is quite a great man. 

In my Googling, I also discovered that there is a Michael Johns who was a contestant on American Idol's 7th Season.  Please do not be confused.  The two are not one in the same!  The singer Michael Johns is actually from Australia, and you can find his American Idol audition video here

No comments: