Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's the Little Things

Realizing that nearly five months have passed since these photos were taken, here are a few shots of some details from the wedding. My mom and I did all of the decorating, baking, etc. ourselves, and I am thrilled with the way everything turned out. The whole day was such a reflection of Andrew and myself (well, of myself mostly, but I figured that was only fair, since I did most of the work!)


I made this cake, but we also had another larger one there that the ladies at Hermitage Bakery made.  They did a wonderful job!
Anyone who knows me knows that I have a sweet tooth.  Actually, I think all my teeth are sweet teeth!  :)
We bought small brown paper bags from the craft store and stamped each of them so that guests could fill them with the goodies of their choosing. 
I made the cookies and the cupcakes.  The cupcakes were actually a fiasco!  My mom and I had to make several attempts before we had even one batch of cupcakes that was acceptable for human consumption and viewing pleasure.  Go figure! 

One of my bridesmaids made the banners for me.  I love the way they turned out. 

I must admit, I LOVED the flair that this table added to our reception area.  My mom and I made the money tree together.  We used large batteries (random) to weigh the tin pail down.  We put Styrofoam inside of it, and stuck the tree branches into the Styrofoam so that they would stand up the way we wanted them to.  Then we covered the Styrofoam with moss.  We attached the tissue flowers with the pipe cleaners we used to make them.  Simple as that!  
My sister decoupaged the "L" and the "A".  I could not have been happier with the way they turned out.  Andrew and I even recycled them!  They are now hanging over our bed in lieu of a headboard.  



My mom made the flowers, both the large ones on the wall and the small ones on the money tree.  We used tissue paper.  It is really easy.  There are several tutorials and videos floating around the web that will give you the step by step process, or you can just use good, old fashioned trial and error!  If you do prefer specific instructions, here is how Martha Stewart does it. 
I saved the best for last.  The boutonnieres that the guys wore were my absolute favorite element in our wedding.  My mom crocheted the flowers.  We glued a button in the center of each one, embellished with a little spray of yellow flowers, and glued a magnet to the back.  Voila!  Perfecto!  I love it!!!
And I love him!

No comments: