Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Best Ever

Andrew's summer has come to an end, and he went back to school about two weeks ago.  Kids started last week.... Summer just flew by!!!!  Andrew is teaching 9th and 11th graders this year. 
Because of my school and work schedule, I am going to be able to meet Andrew for lunch on Thursday.  Lunch starts right after second block, which just so happens to be 9th graders!  So, I asked Andrew if it would be okay for me to go inside on Thursday, meet the kids, and most importantly, bring them cookies. 

I found this chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have been dying to try (think I have even written a post about it before).  And this occasion seemed like the perfect excuse.  Not only were these the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, but they were also the easiest.  The reasons I was originally drawn to them were #1) the lovely pictures posted on Sugar and Charm, and #2) the fact that they are BUTTER-LESS!!! I HATE making chocolate chip cookies with butter... the butter part always seems to get me. 



But these are perfection.  The texture is perfect, and the cookies turned out beautifully... just like the picture.  Which is something I am RARELY able to claim!  (: 

You can click here for the original recipe, which I followed exactly. 

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside
In a mixing bowl cream together oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla and almond extract.
Blend in dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake for 8 to 9 minutes and then let them cool on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.

No comments: