Wednesday, March 30, 2011

To-Do List

As I am sure I have mentioned a hundred times, I am a perpetual list maker.  My husband picks on me for this constantly, because he is so NOT that way.  I am a planner, and a do-er.  And I like all of my "doings" to be well planned out.  This used to be a trait that I considered one of my best; however, it has gotten out of hand in recent years, and is now something that I actually consider a weakness to be worked on. 

The odd thing is this:  I know that no matter how painstakingly well I plan out each day, something ALWAYS happens that is not on my list, or in my plan.  Always.  But then, when I begin to think about the next day, I feel the need to plan again.  Obsessively.  And I plan knowing that often my plans are futile, and that a kink will be thrown in there somewhere.  That's the nature of life.  And thank goodness.... or life would be BORING.  If you plan something to death, you suck all the real "living" right out of each moment.  What a shame!  Life cannot be blocked in to an hour by hour schedule, and God cannot be boxed in to a human agenda that leaves no room for Him to work and move. 

Strange how life works.  God has a way of humbling us, and this is just one more thing to keep my humble! 
 

photo from here

My plan for today is to let God move!  I am giving Him my day:  Wide open, free for Him to overtake it.  And I know this is easier said than done, so here is my prayer for today.


GOD- 
I surrender my plans to you.  Take over my heart, my head, my hands, my feet, my thoughts, my words, and my actions.  They are yours.  Move as you will.  My day and my life are yours.

Psalm 118:8- "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans." 

No comments: