Friday, July 16, 2010

Quick Recap

After having taken such a hiatus from blogging, this blank screen, just waiting to be typed on, is quite intimidating. There is a lot in my head that I would love to share, but I am struggling to articulate all of those thoughts into actual words.


I think I will start with a list.

Short.
Sweet.
To the point.


Here are some things I have done since my last post, in no particular order:


Begun moving into a new apartment.




Watched fireworks with three of my favorite people.




Baked some cakes.





Baked lots of cupcakes.



Ruined even more cupcakes.... It's a long story.

Attempted grilling.

And failed.

Pretty miserably. Not a long story, but a sad one. No pictures.

Decorated cookies.



Did not fail.

Caught up with friends.

Mostly via bridal showers.




Played the travel version of Connect 4 (which I was given at one of the afore mentioned bridal showers), while not actually traveling.

Rescued blackberries from the dark depths of the forest.

And put them into cobbler... A feat that ended up being much more difficult than it sounds, or that it should have been.

Gotten in sync with nature.

That happened while I was in the dark depths of the forest picking blackberries.

Or, more accurately, while I was standing on a path, near the edge of the forest, picking blackberries.

But close enough.

Unfortunately, there is no photographic evidence of this endeavor, as I was much to busy fighting off forest beasts (aka: bugs) to care anything about taking pictures.

There was, at one point, other evidence that blackberries were actually picked; however, said evidence got eaten.

But back to the list.

Finished pre-marital counseling. Thank God.

Started going to a new church, with my soon-to-be-new husband.

Paid more bills than I have ever had to pay before.

And to this, I also say, "Thank you, God," because that means we had money with which to pay bills.

Opened a new savings account.

Been happier than I ever remember being.

Ever.

And that is saying something, because I am generally a pretty darn happy girl.



Since my job is fairly new, several people have been interested in knowing what I make.



So here goes another list; a list of what I have made so far.



I have made lots of mistakes.

I have made time.

I have made contacts.

I have made friends.

I have made phone calls. Lots of them. Many of which go unanswered and unreturned.

Lots of referrals.

Lots of home visits.

A few hospital visits.



Now, what do I hope to make?

As cliche as it sounds, I hope to make a difference. I hope to make a small, positive impact on the people with whom I come in contact each day. I hope to make their lives a little bit easier, a little bit sweeter.

This is a hope I carry with me, not only in regards to work, but in regards to everyday life... and in regards toevery person that I meet, or live life with, whether I walk past them in the parking lot for a moment, stand behind them in the check out line for three minutes, or come home to them at the end of each day.

I want to make people feel significant.

Because they are.

Have a happy weekend.

No comments: