Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Friday!

Well folks... It just does not get much happier than this! This cake describes perfectly how I feel... Footloose, fancy free, excited, happy, every other nice word you could think of. That is how I feel currently.

I will savor this week: My last week of not having to act like, or be, an actual grown up, with an actual full time job, with actual full time responsibilities. Weird.



from here

In the spirit of all things weddings, I have spent HOURS perusing various wedding websites and blogs. Since our wedding is going to be a small, sweet, do-it-yourself-with-the-help-of-your-wonderful-mother, affair, I have spent lots of time looking up all things do-it-yourself... from cakes to decor to pictures to favors to you name it.

While looking for a tutorial on how to make your own bridal bouquets, I stumbled across this lovely picture. I love the colors of the actual cake, and I love that the cake colors echo the colors of the fruits on top. I am willing to bet the cake tastes just as delicious as it looks. If only I were daring and knowledgeable enough to bake such a cake on my own...

No comments: