Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Dose of Encouragement

"I saw the Lord always before me.
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body will also live in hope,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One decay.

You have made known to me the paths of life;
You will fill me with joy in Your presence." - Acts 2:25-28

I thought, for some reason, that after getting a job, my life would begin to reach a certain level of certainty and stability. Wrong. As my mother reminded me yesterday, there is always something to be burdened about. If it was not this particular thing (said "thing" will remain unclarified for the time being), it would be something else. Not many things are totally certain, but of one thing I am sure: The Lord is always before me. He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Things come and go. Money comes and goes. Jobs come and go. Apartments come and go. Homes come and go. People come and go. The Word of the Lord endures. My faith is being tested. I am committing that my faith will endure, even through the worst of conditions. My God is greater than any test or trial that may come my way.

On that note, today is going to be a great day! I am still incredibly blessed!

No comments: