Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall Five

Our Labor Day weekend was accompanied by cool temperatures, rain, and wind.  Fall has been in the air!  I even put our fall decorations on our front porch before work this morning!  Normally, I am a true summer gal... I eat up the warm weather and the sunshine.  But this year, I am really looking forward to fall. 

So, in the spirit of fall, these are the top five recipes I would like to try this season: 

1) Baked oatmeal... from here. Michelle, at Brown Eyed Baker actually posted her top 150 fall recipes!  I would love to try them all.... NOT gonna happen (: 

2) My second "must try" recipe this fall is also from Brown Eyed Baker.  Her version of Sweet Potato Fries looks delicious... and healthy!!!  Click here for a step-by-step

3) Crock Pot ApplesThese look very simply and VERY tasty... Perfect for fall. 

4) Something chocolatey has to go onto every "Food" list.  And since I have been on a dairy free/gluten free diet these past few weeks, I think these chocolate cookies are a must this year.  CHOCOLATE, dairy free, and gluten free COOKIES... Does it get any better than that?!

5) Last but not least, I figured something substantial and truly "healthy" should go on this list, so I chose this Vegetarian Ratatouille, from Real Simple Magazine

And it goes without saying that Andrew's kids at school will need some version of a fall sugar cookie.  I am thinking that in about a month, Halloween themed sugar cookies will be not only appropriate in the classroom, but 100% essential. 

No comments: