Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back to Real Life

I sat down to do a little scrapbooking tonight since we have so many vacation pictures!  Unfortunately, though there was no shortage of inspiration, there was a shortage of one thing:  scrapbooking tape... or any kind of tape for that matter.
So, I figured I would provide you some highlights from our trip.  The whole vacation was very relaxing and low-key.  I came back feeling refreshed, and almost out of touch with the real world!

Here is the view in port 61, as we are preparing to anchors away... or whatever the nautical term is!

 I love the look of all the boats in port... like little duckies all in a row!
 This was the ONLY day of the trip it was warm enough to step on deck without jackets.
 Enjoying our little bit of sunshine.
Our men!

From Seattle we headed to Juneau.  Apart from the cold, I absolutely loved Juneau.  I loved the laid back atmosphere.  And people there love their animals.  There were dogs everywhere.  People apparently carry them into stores, coffee shops, markets...
 The views were breathtaking... The pictures do not do them justice.
 Juneau reminded me of a storybook town full of fishermen and sledding dogs... Maybe that's stereotypical, but I can't help it!


From here we headed to Sitka, which reminded me of the movie The Proposal.
 I just kinda got a kick out of this... reminded me of Freud.
Us girls braved Sitka by ourselves while the boys went out for some Alaska golfing, which I assume is similar to Tennessee golfing, but a little colder.  A LOT colder.  We were pretty proud of ourselves for exploring on our own!

I don't care if I never see another totem pole again in my life.

 Next we floated over to Ketchican, where we saw MORE totem poles...
And a Saxman village with its own Salvation Army! 
 We must have saved the best for last, because I instantly fell in love with Victoria, British Columbia.
 The weather was gorgeous, as was the scenery. 
 We went to a little street market where artisans who lived in Victoria were selling their craft.  The whole atmosphere was beautiful, carefree, and something I have never experienced anywhere else.

There, of course, was a lot that went on between our four ports of call as well.  Actually, some of my favorite times on the vacation were spent on the ship doing not much of anything.  And there are more GREAT photos of those down-times too.... So... Stay tuned!

No comments: