Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Wednesday!!!

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Quite the contrary actually. I am alive, well, and busy... Busy with FUN things. Busy with WEDDING things :)

Life is so funny. God is so funny. He works things out in ways that we least expect Him to. My dad said the other day, "Your life seems to be working out kind of how you had planned, doesn't it?" I answered only with a laugh, but after having thought about it some, that could not be further from the truth.

If you had asked me a year ago what I would have been doing after graduation, Andrew probably would not have been a factor at all; marriage would not have been either. And neither would a full-time job have been.

Graduate school would have been at the top of my "to do" list. Moving into an apartment with my freshman year college roommate would have been next on the list. Neither of those things are happening; at least not in the foreseeable future.

Had you asked me three years ago what I would be doing with my life, social work would not have been in the picture. Three years ago I barely had an understanding of what social work was; now, it is one of the things I am most passionate about. Three years ago, I spent every spare moment I had singing, which is something I have barely done over the past year. Three years ago, Andrew would have been even LESS of a factor in my life, and he would not have even crossed my mind in regards to my future.

Today, I had an interview for a baccalaureate service video, and the woman who interviewed me asked what the significance of Trevecca was in my life, and how it has changed me. Had it not been for Trevecca, I would probably not be involved in the social work field at all. And had it not been for Trevecca, I probably would not have met the man that I am going to marry (in 101 days)!

In spite of all the planning I have done over the past few years of my life, God's leadership and plan have still prevailed. In spite of my humanness, He has continued to remind me of His Lordship over my life, and over all of creation. In spite of my attempts to intervene with His Lordship, and take over control of my own life, God has provided. He constantly reminds me that He is God; I am not. He sees the present, and He sees the future. Even more than that, He is the present, and He is the future.

He holds my life in the palm of His hand. He knows the plans He has for me and for my family. His ways are higher than my ways; His thoughts higher than my own.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. -Romans 8:28


No comments: